November 10, 2009, Chicago, IL – Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (MEEA) (mwalliance.org) today announced the winners of its 2010 Inspiring Efficiency Awards, the organization’s 6th annual competition recognizing Midwest leaders who deliver groundbreaking advancements for energy efficiency through Leadership, Education, Impact, Innovation and Marketing.
The winners will be honored at the Inspiring Efficiency Awards Dinner and Gala on Thursday, January 14, 2010, during MEEA’s Midwest Energy Solutions Conference (www.meeaconference.org), taking place January 13-15, 2010, at InterContinental Chicago, the first ENERGY STAR® certified hotel in Chicago. During the Dinner and Gala, a special award, the Inspiring Efficiency Chairman's Award, will be announced to honor exemplary leadership for energy efficiency in the Midwest and support of MEEA.
“Over the last few years, our region has exploded with investment in energy efficiency, bringing new, innovative programs and yielding significant impacts and savings,” said Wendy Jaehn, Executive Director, Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance. “These awards bring recognition to these advancements and demonstrate that the Midwest is a leader in energy efficiency.”
2010 Inspiring Efficiency Awards Winners:
- Janine Migden-Ostrander, Ohio Consumers’ Counsel – LEADERSHIP
- Tom Casten, Recycled Energy Development – LEADERSHIP
- Commonwealth Edison – EDUCATION
- Smart Energy Design Assistance Center – EDUCATION
- Interstate Power & Light Company, an Alliant Energy Company – IMPACT
- Ameren Illinois Utilities – INNOVATION
- Interstate Power & Light Company, an Alliant Energy Company – MARKETING
- R.L Just & associates, p.c. Architect – MARKETING
Read more about the Inspiring Energy Efficiency Awards and the 2010 Award Winners in the PDF below.